Cypher BILLBOARD 2021: Open Call
The 2021 BILLBOARD series will feature five new commissions. One of these will be selected through this open call. We are seeking a London-based artist to develop work in collaboration with key stage 2 students from neighbouring Bounds Green School in March-April 2021.
We particularly encourage applications from artists based locally to the site.
- The development and production of one billboard poster artwork in collaboration with students from Bounds Green School, to be installed on the Domino Houses billboard site from 1st March – 30th April 2021.
- 2-3 workshops with students from Bounds Green School between January and February 2021. These can be with different classes for each session or with the same group for all of the sessions.
- The contribution of an audio work for Threads Radio, to be aired between 1st March – 30th April 2021.
- A contribution to a printed publication with work by all the artists from the 2021 billboard series.
This project is supported by Arts Council England. Cypher BILLBOARD will cover production and installation costs of the poster billboard artwork, and the selected artist will receive a £1,150 participation fee. The project will be carried out with acknowledgement to Covid-19 guidelines. Workshops and meetings will take place online where necessary.
Please send a PDF with the following to email@example.com by the 30th November:
- Short artist statement
- Proposal (250 words)
- Up to 5 images of recent work
- CV/bio with details of relevant teaching experience if applicable
- Link to website if applicable
- Monday 30th November 2020: application deadline
- Monday 7th December 2020: successful applicant notified
- Tuesday 8th December 2020: studio visit / zoom call with successful applicant